The purpose of the care provided by Unfading Care is to support individuals who choose to remain in the comfort and security of their own homes and to help them live as independent and active lives as possible by supporting them. The tasks carers undertake will be agreed by the client and the Unfading Care Registered Manager once they have assessed the client’s needs. This will be written down in the Care Plan, which will be kept in the client’s home. This document will specify your duties for each individual client you work with and it will be your responsibility to follow
this and other supporting documents, reporting any changes that you or your client identifies.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
The following list gives examples of the type of duties you may undertake. All of these should be done in a manner which encourages clients towards the maximum degree of independence and activity appropriate to their abilities;
- Assisting getting up in the morning including washing/bathing and dressing and maintaining personal appearance
- Assisting with undressing and getting to bed in the evening
- Assisting with preparation of meals, drinks and snacks when necessary
- Provide assistance with toileting and changing clothes and/or bedding where necessary
- Maintain and wash clothes and bed linen (which may include soiled laundry) when necessary
- Assist with other tasks of personal daily living
- Assist and encourage the management of medication or administer where necessary and appropriate, and monitoring health-related conditions such as dietary & fluid intake.
- Help clients with mobility difficulties, or other physical disabilities, including incontinence.
- Help in the use of aids and other personal equipment.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertake or supervise the personal care of clients, preparation of appropriate meals, shopping, bill payment & collection of prescriptions and general household tasks.
- Ensure clients retain individuality and personal dignity by promoting high standards of care and encouraging independence where appropriate.
- Ensure that different cultural needs are catered for sensitively.
- Respect the confidential nature of the work.
- Provide direct care to clients as circumstances require.
- Attend meetings and training courses as required.
- Contribute to an effective system of communication within the team, by discussion and regular team meetings.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities policies are implemented at all times.
Desired Attitude & Qualities:
- Understanding the client’s needs
- An ability to handle emergency situations
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Basic numeracy & literacy skills
- Use of own vehicle
- Relevant qualifications
- Relevant experience
Uphold our values:
Always putting the person we support at the heart of what we do and recognise the unique individuality of each person.
Empowering people to take control of their own care package, being fully involved in all aspects of their care and support.
Freedom of choice
Supporting people in a manner that is progressive and enables them to exercise choice and control over as much of their lives as possible.
Acting with dignity
Respect and promote the human; legal and civil rights of the people we support and ensure they are treated with dignity and respect at all times.
A culture that respects all backgrounds, cultures and religions. We embrace diversity in the people we support and our own staff team.
Working with people in a way that is hopeful and encouraging and ensures they can maintain their independence and normal routines as long as possible.